November 1, 2011

THE WALKING DEAD

Please! When WAS the last time you washed?
Much to my delight, ‘The Walking Dead’ has returned to FX. I enjoyed the special effects, the storyline and even Andrew Lincoln’s accent change to American.

I was a bit apprehensive when I found out that there had been an array of staff changes behind the scenes to the point where I wasn’t quite sure what to expect from the new series.

Would I get the same level of gore? Would the storyline still be reasonably exciting? Would there be anything quite as rank and revolting as seeing a horse being eaten by the undead?

Well, yeah there was, to all of the above questions.

We got up close and friendly with several zombies, including a spectacular view of rotting gums and teeth. So close you could almost smell the decomposition.

There was a good bit of drama in the opening episode too…. I won’t say too much in case you haven’t watched it, but when Bambi appears trust your gut instinct. Just sayin’

Blade the Horse didnt get his contract renewed
Much to my warped sense of joy, there was the ‘gore-fest, disgusting, make me look away in horror, boak inducing’ scene too. All I can say is I'm so very glad that smell-a-vision doesn’t exist.

Yup, come Friday night, Ill be tuning in to see more zombies. Feeling a bit of an expert now after all these zombie books, TV shows and films I’ve been watching, I’m not sure I ever really want to be in the position to draw on that knowledge though.




Article By:  Lynn Tulloch

No comments:

Post a Comment